[rescue] re: HP 700/xx Terminal Help [Was: fans fans fans]

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Fri Jun 21 15:40:19 CDT 2002

lesliec at theplanet.com (Leslie Connally) sez:

> Anyone use HP 700/xx terminals?

I have a working 700/rx ... for somewat limited values of "working".

> I've NEVER been able to get one to function as a vanilla stupid
> terminal for a router/sun/etc. I'm figuring it defaults to something
> odd and HP specific.

I dunno, but I'll fire it up and see later today.  It telnets into my Sun
boxes OK, but I have to admit I don't do much in that mode.

> Even negotiating its config confuses me.

Yeah, there seem to be two different sets of config screens; which one you
get depends on where you start.

> But I have several..so it seems a waste. Can anyone help?

I'll try, but I don't know much.

> Docs available?

I've never seen any.

-Shel