[rescue] U1 fan FCO details (called sun today)

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Jun 21 15:28:57 CDT 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:

> I opened a request online.  I have not received a call from a
> Sun engineer, just an email tha the request had been updated.
> When I checked online, the comments said a replacement 1/200E
> MB had been ok'ed to ship by Sun Engineering.

I just opened five cases (said there would be a different one per
machine).  Did the four at my house (my two, and the two from the
ebay lot) and did my work Ultra 1 while I was at it (whose fan
has already quit).  Took less than 10 minutes and he said the MBs
should show up in 3-5 business days =)

Turns out at least one of the U1s from the ebay lot used to be
owned by the USPTO.  Found that out when I read off the serial
number and he said "United States Patent and Trademark Offive still?"

--Kurt