[rescue] fans fans fans...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 21 13:48:59 CDT 2002

~ If you have a manual trans, yes.  I also suggest an EGT (Exhaust Gas
~ Tempurature) gauge so that you know how hot your turbo is  - so you
~ don't cook it.  An EGT is mandatory equipment on big turbo-diesel
~ engines...
~ --
~ Kurt

I liked the turbo my Probe-GT used. It had a water jacket. EGT wasn't as
much a problem and the oil stayed cool.

I did learn the hard way that Ford has NO IDEA what the part number for the
rubber cooling hoses are for the turbocharger. I had to make a 1/4 inch
copper and rubber part from scratch when mine failed.