[rescue] fans fans fans...

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jun 21 11:40:04 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 12:24:03PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

> <troll>
>   You mean the COLLEGE guru.  The only real-world stuff I've ever
> seen done with Lisp are emacs and AutoCAD.  The rest of it seems to be
> impractical ivory-tower but-sir-I-thought-this-was-just-an-exercise
> bullshit.
> </troll>

A hell of a lot of computer graphics was done using the S-Graphics
system (later known as N-Graphics, later known as N-World, now known
as Mirai).

Pro/E uses lisp a lot.

AMI uses a lisp system to convert FPGA designs to optimized ASIC
designs.  Cadence is written in lisp (or was that that it used it for
scripting, I forget).

PricewatersCoopers uses it for audit planning.

SquareAnimation used a lisp database system for asset management
(note, they were long time S-Graphics users, but now use Maya).

Also, a heck of a lot of people use Yahoo stores (written in list), or
Orbitz (or whatever that web site run by ITA that competes with
Priceline is).

Until George W. was inaugerated, the white house document server was
written in lisp running on an Ivory symbolics machine.

Then there was the Crash Bandicoot PSX games and Abuse from
CrackDotCom.

I could go on...

--
Joshua D. Boyd