[rescue] fans fans fans...

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Fri Jun 21 10:25:24 CDT 2002

With all this talk about U1 fans, and on the cobalt list I'm on, _they're_
always talking about fans..  I was wondering.. is there an optimum
temperature for a CPU? Is cooler always better. Is freezing best? This Q
made me remember an HP-RISC processor I sold once.. it had friggin cooling
lines running thru it. - dont know if they were for air or a cooling
liquid. Hell. even HPs heatsinks were awesome: CNC cut stainless, and not
with _straight-cuts_ but arcs! must have weighed 5 lbs..

Les