[rescue] Need info about EMC Symmetrix 3000 system

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jun 21 06:48:51 CDT 2002

Hi Lads

My garage is looking a bit empty so I'm thinking about getting an EMC Symmetrix 3000 storage system for my home network.

The system I'm looking at has a 2GB RAM	cache, 12 X 18G SCSI disks, and the original Twin Head pentium control laptop. The S/N	is CK282601337.

I have a bunch of FCAL adaptors on my HP Unix systems and I'll probably just end up using the storage space for stupid stuff like my VMWare virtual machine zoo, hard to find operating system media kits etc.

Is there anything I need to know before I commit to this system? Any possibly missing parts I need to look out for?

Any advice will be gratefully received - this is not the sort of system I usually work with.

Regards,

Gavin