[rescue] SBus FDDI and Solaris 9

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Jun 20 21:13:57 CDT 2002

hmmm.  this is bad.  my SBus FDDI boards (the NPI ones and the Sun badged NPI
ones) are no longer supported in Solaris 9.  the drivers from 8 don't work and
NPI has imploded, so there will be no more drivers out of them.  this sucks.
bigtime.

when i try to plumb the interface, i get this in syslog/console:

WARNING : Minor name <nfm> does not match network driver name <nf>

and i can see the FDDI board in prtconf:

            nf (driver not attached)

but that shows up with or without drivers.

i have been unable to find any info about this at all.  i would hope that the
FDDI boards can somehow be supported, since they are very important to my
network.

anyone have any info about this?

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --