[rescue] home "server rooms"

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 20 14:08:13 CDT 2002

on 6/20/02 1:37 PM, Gary Nichols at gary at linuxforce.org wrote:

> Torquil:
>
> Hope you don't mind, but I was flipping through the other pictures of your
> setup (all very cool btw).

(I hope you stopped before you got to PDC_640 and above :) )

> Ok,  I love the drink coaster in this pic:
> http://cellblock5.com/~mac/pictures/PDC_0638.jpg
>
> (I thought I was the only one that used toasted cdr's as coasters)

They work great! Sometimes i get real coasters when I go out to eat, but I
always snap them in half, CD-R's are far superior and easy to come by.
(Although i did have to make an emergency run for a 50-CD spindle at
wal-mart and they charged $22 :P, score 1 for ordering online)

> Please explain the Ninja turtle pillow:
> http://cellblock5.com/~mac/pictures/PDC_0634.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rule.

> Overall, you have a very geek-ish setup.  Good Job!
>
> Nice mix of Sun, SGI, Intel...

Hopefully soon I will have dual Indigos instead of the indy, and a Sun 4/310
as a bedside table. :)