[rescue] home "server rooms"

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Jun 19 23:15:40 CDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 23:54, Bill Bradford wrote:

> We did this a few montnhs ago:
>
> http://www.sunhelp.org/images/geeks/rooms/

Some of you guys are friggin nuts.

These are all in your homes?

Wait what am I saying...

After I get the shelving together should I send in pics of my kit for
that site?  I think it would fit right in.  Though I don't have any
VAXen (yet).

There is an upshot to this sickness.  I was talking to Monty @ MySQL.com
and those guys seem very enthusiastic about providing binaries for any
hardware/software combo they can get ssh access to.  They're going to
start with OpenBSD on sparc4u and we'll see where it goes from there.
Just like NetBSD is the most portable OS, if those guys are as cool as
they sound their RDBMS may become the most portable.  :-)  Someone here
running NetBSD on VAX needs to give those guys ssh access just so we can
see the binaries on their download page.  8^D