[rescue] Re: lighting vs. computer monitors....

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 19 20:48:33 CDT 2002

on 6/19/02 8:27 PM, Linc Fessenden at linc at thelinuxlink.net wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
>> I've been told it's not good to work on a monitor without some other
>> source of light in the room, and my eyes seem to agree if I work
>> intensely through sunset and don't notice it's dark until after my eyes
>> are to stressed to see straight....  :-)
>
> I find it easier on my eyes (which are very light sensitive) to have as
> low of a light level as necessary.  Monitor light works for me in most
> cases and keeps me from getting headaches from eye-strain, etc..

I have my typical red lamp, which used to take 100w bulbs, but for about a
year I have been putting 25w bulbs in it, and it emits a little yellow light
which is just enough for my eyes not to strain, yet, allowing the room to
stay dark(which is the optimal work environment).

--
Thanks,
Torquil MacCorkle, III