[rescue] Solaris9.mozilla.fast.nojoke

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Wed Jun 19 15:42:28 CDT 2002

The fairy-tale just won't end.  I installed Mozilla 1.1a on my U10/Solaris9
today and it's actually sort of fast!  Even the menus are usable.  Best
of all,
there's no built-in flash plugin (which you can't disable in the Windows
version).
I am now browsing in fast, animation-free, popup-free, flash-free bliss.

It's still noticably slower than ns4.79, but still fast and fun to use.
Btw, This is the first time I can't tell the speed difference between ns3.04
and ns4.79.  On either of those, with disk caching and history turned off,
pages come up *BAM* instantly.  Not bad for a U10 with m64 in 24bit mode.
With Mozilla, it's more like "uhhh-*kabam*" but still awesome.

KL