[rescue] quiet SPARCstation

Carl-Johan Schenstrom cjs at bluebox.pp.se
Wed Jun 19 12:24:26 CDT 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> >  - execute the FC to get the (heatsink+fan) replaced with a heatsink
>
> Can I get more details on this?  My 170E has the heatsink+fan and it didn't
> turn at first... and the 2 ultras in "the haul" have the fans too...
> makes me nervous as I've heard it causes cpu failures.

My 170E has been running for a year and a half, possibly longer but that's
how long it's been in my posession, without the fan and hasn't shown any
signs of failure yet. I actually bought a new fan but hasn't replaced it
yet. =)

It doesn't have any internal disks, though, which mught help keep the
temperature down.

//cjs