[rescue] Noise levels

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Tue Jun 18 21:57:36 CDT 2002

Guys, what are geeks doing about equipment noise in their
offices/houses/dens/bathrooms/etc - wherever you have cool kit
installed?

The rack in my office has two SS5's, a 4U AXi Sun server, 2 2U dual
intel linux/bsd boxen and a 24-port compaq ethernet switch.  My office
has wood floors, and it is noticeably noisy in here now that I have the
entire rack switched on.

My rack is an older Compaq 4-post rack with no sides (open air).

Any noise dampening success stories?  I'm listening to my music
louder... and louder.... much to the digress of my SO.