[rescue] Sick Dreamcast hacker

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jun 18 15:42:28 CDT 2002

On June 18, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >   The Dallas DS80C390 is a fast 8051-core microcontroller with a fat
> > address space and a nice, easily-accessible 32-bit FPU tacked onto the
> > side.  It might make an ideal processor for something like this.
> > Development tools are easily (and freely) available, and it's cheap.
>
> Something like a TINI in a calculator case?
>
> http://www.ibutton.com/TINI/

  Well one could even *use* a TINI, with or without the Java stuff.
They're certainly cheap enough.  I have one here that I haven't messed
with...I really need to spend some time with it.

  But yes...if the DS80C390 has enough horsepower to run a Java VM
with reasonable speed, it can surely make a decent
scientific/engineering calculator.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                       "*BURRRP!*  Mmm...tastes like cannoli,
St. Petersburg, FL                    smells like garlic!" -Sridhar