[rescue] best NetBSD support

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Tue Jun 18 15:12:36 CDT 2002

>On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 03:21:00PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
>>  The mainboard does not need to be replaced -- the Flash can be
>>  re-programmed in circuit (obviously, since it was "de"-programmed
>>  in-circuit).
>
>Unless the reprogramming circuit also got reprogrammed.

or the reprogramming system is unable to recognize the system to fix
the issue.  This is the problem with VMS.  VMS reads the firmware to
determine the system type when you install it.  If it can't read
that, VMS won't install.  I'm sure the flash updater will have the
same issue.  You can work around that but I'm sure its not nearly as
trivial.  This is why people are complaining about it.

daniel
"Yay aytch lich ... trurtreen oven prerkrershetch... naw lich luleven
... naw wush thrurteen..."
--"Thirteen fucking percosets?!?! Dude the most I ever ate was like
six. Holy shit."
"Aywhirr schmall."
--"What, like 5's?"
"Mm mm mm... mebee..."