[rescue] best NetBSD support

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Jun 18 14:21:00 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, June 18, 2002 at 08:01:29 (-0500), Eric Dittman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] best NetBSD support
>
> > I have run NetBSD on more then one 4000/90 and never had anyone die on me,
> > that problem seem to wery limited as far as I can see. And it does not
> > kill a 4000/90 it just makes it unable to autoboot into the OS, due to
> > some error during the selfcheck.
>
> Not only is it unable to autoboot, it also corrupts the firmware
> so the machine can't be correctly identified from the firmware,
> which causes VMS grief.

Word is that it's still a _VERY_ limited problem only affecting a very
few systems.

> Since the mainboard must be replaced to fix the problem, I'd
> call that killed.

The mainboard does not need to be replaced -- the Flash can be
re-programmed in circuit (obviously, since it was "de"-programmed
in-circuit).

(and since when does a running system == a killed system?)

--
								Greg A. Woods