[rescue] worth rescuing?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Tue Jun 18 13:10:12 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 11:05:57AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:
> It appears that someone at my company might be tossing an original IBM PC
> (8088 vintage).

hmmmmm.  i did my first drafting on one of those.  3D stuff as well.  took it
DAYS to render. ;)

> I'm in a quandary about rescuing something that grew into the modern PC.

that's understandable.

> What should I do?

the 8088 is not a terrible thing, even in the eyes of a complete anti-PC guy
like myself.  the 808[86] was where it should have stopped.  ;)

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --