[rescue] Sick Dreamcast hacker

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Tue Jun 18 11:54:42 CDT 2002

>   True.  There isn't enough of the hardware to go around, though.  The
> big problems are the collectors and the idiots...the former are
> hoarding the hardware, and the latter are throwing the rest in the
> trash.  I'm both a collector [hoarder] and a user of HP calculators,
> so I'm sorta on the fence, but you get the idea.  I have enough spare
> HP41s to last me through the rest of my life, and they're built to be
> repaired should they ever fail...but others aren't so lucky.

 Most of the active collectors are also users- so a lot of hoarding can be excused as having spares or trading materials for the hp35 you never got. You've got a whole 'nother set of people on ebay buying and selling simply to have the battery powered beanie babies of the geek world. Those are the ones I hate. and they aren't *collectors*.

The idiots i can handle as long as those of us who are collectors keep finding the bits before they get trashed.

-C