[rescue] Sick Dreamcast hacker

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jun 18 08:12:27 CDT 2002

On June 18, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Well, they could always hack SCSI in to it.  And I don't really think
> that ISA was all that bad, but I could be wrong.  Was the Apple IIe or
> S100 better?

  ISA sucks sweaty donkey balls.  Think "edge-triggered interrupts".
It's also painfully slow.

  S100 was better in that it was (is) an IEEE standard (IEEE-696 if
memory serves) and that it tended to be much easier to deal with...if
only due to the fact that the people using it usually knew something
about computers.

  I can't say anything about the Apple II bus; I don't know much about
it.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                       "*BURRRP!*  Mmm...tastes like cannoli,
St. Petersburg, FL                    smells like garlic!" -Sridhar