[rescue] Re: Cheap Alpha on eBay

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jun 17 20:28:28 CDT 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2032859145
> >
> > I'd buy it except I'm overstocked with Alphas.
>
> I'd buy it except that I don't have $100...
>
> I would have killed a barrel full of baby seals for one of those, not
> too long ago.  Now it's "eh, I'll find another one for that price
> later"...

That is a good price. Reminds me that I have one of those on my porch that
I keep forgetting about. I paid a LOT more than that and felt I got a good
deal... so ouch.

If anyone in the Bay Area is interested, I may still have an Alphaserver
600 and the Alphaserver 2000 I posted earlier, available for local pickup
only. Should know before the weekend if the prospects for them are going
to take them. Still trying to wrap up my shipments and raise my vacation
spending money before going to Florida next month.

--Rob