[rescue] Overkill on an SS2

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Mon Jun 17 15:18:41 CDT 2002

Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>

>>Does anyone see any problem with putting 46 or 92 gigs of harddrive
>>space on a ss2 running NetBSD?
>

> Wow.
>
> It took me three reads to actually recognice you wrote "gigs".  My brain
> kept seeing "megs" and I was thinking "Not a big problem, but it'll be
> VERY tight" =)

That reminds me of the old linux kernal "memory is tight!" message that
drove everyone NUTS.  This was back when 4 megs was considered a good
ammount of ram and 16 megs was over-the-top yuppie excessiveness
(and over $400!)

I remember some usenet post like "I just added *another* 16 megs and I
still get that damn message. How much memory could it possibly need?"
Of course the kernel was complaining about the memory space below 640k :)

KL