[rescue] New/unused O2 systems available through retail in Australia (Melboure)

Guy Yasko gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp
Mon Jun 17 09:54:32 CDT 2002

>>>>> "ghub" ==   <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz> writes:

    ghub> Hi Lads I meant to post this a couple of months ago but must
    ghub> have forgotten.

    ghub> There is a retail store in the Melbourne CBD selling
    ghub> new/unused O2 systems. The systems have an R5k 180MHz, 64MB
    ghub> ram, 2GB disk, CDROM, IRIX 6.3 media kit, Photoshop +
    ghub> Illustrator media & licenses, granite kb + mouse. They are
    ghub> all new/unused and are packed in the original factory SGI
    ghub> boxes. I don't know if they have the video or audio modules.

    ghub> Retail price is 999AUD (500USD) without a monitor. They did
    ghub> have new 17" SGI monitors for 400AUD but they've sold out.

odd, there's a place selling the exact same setup here in tokyo for
39,000 jpy.  dunno what that works out in australian dollars, but
xcalc says 312 u.s.d.  is that a good deal?

Guy Yasko -- gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp

... this must be what it's like to be a COLLEGE GRADUATE!!