[rescue] best NetBSD support

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sun Jun 16 09:33:53 CDT 2002

On Saturday 15 June 2002 10:51 pm, you wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 10:39:42PM -0400, George Adkins wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 June 2002 10:09 pm, you wrote:
> > > Outside of intel based machines, what is the best supported, currently
> > > being produced, machine and/or platform for NetBSD?
> > >
> > > I suspect the answer might be Dec Alphas...
> >
> > I Dunno, Sun4C/M are pretty well supported
> > (other than 24 bit framebuffers. Grrrrrr...)
>
> But, they aren't currently being produced.

Neither are most of the alphas...  (21064, 21164) that run NetBSD.
I mean really, anybody here boot NetBSD on an ES40 lately?

But if you want to Grandfather them in because HPaq still sells 21264 Alphas,
then you have to count in the Sun4C and M hardware, because Sun still sells
*sparc based machines.

George