[rescue] Possible Octane and/or Ultra 1 group buy

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 15 08:03:30 CDT 2002

on 6/15/02 1:00 AM, Joshua D Boyd at jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu wrote:

>>> Any thoughts on what it'd take to score an Octane?  $100, $200, $300?
>>>

>> I have no idea.  I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that a 250, SE,
>> 512 MB, 2 x 4GB is worth about $1100US on the retail market.  Since this
>> a bulk "rescue" buy, we could get away with much less on a per-unit
>> cost.  It's possible we could even score one (as above) for about $300
>> to $400.  I'm guessing, I have no idea what it would ake to get a lot of
>> these.
>
> It might be worth that much, but it doesn't look hard to score a
> similar config for in the $600 to $800 range.
>
>> When I sell my house I'll have a few bucks for investments like this,
>> but until then, I got nothin'...

So, for now are we just speculating as to who may be interested in
contributing capital? There isn't anyone we should contact yet is there if
we are really interested? (I have a little over $200.. and if we can get
octane's for a little over $300 I would sell some stuff :) )

--
Thanks,
Torquil MacCorkle, III