[rescue] Wanted: cheap 1U box

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Fri Jun 14 16:07:42 CDT 2002

[ On Friday, June 14, 2002 at 15:38:07 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Wanted: cheap 1U box
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:33:09PM -0700, Nick Steel (lists) wrote:
> > Does anyone know of any vendors for used 1U sized severs? I'm looking for a
> > cheap box to put into a colo. It doesn't have to be fast or fancy, just
> > cheap.
>
> I'm looking for a cheap 1U (or 2U) rackmount ATX case, or a nice solid
> "industrial"-looking small ATX mini-tower case, with power supply.
>
> I've got this AXe board and RAM here, and would like to build it into a
> working system.

Just as with "cheap, fast, reliable: pick two", rackmount cases come in
"cheap, 1U: pick one"  :-)

A decent 1U ATX case _without_ PS can run $400 or more if it has decent
internal mounting options, good air-flow design, and such.  Any PS small
enough for a 1U chassis and with any oompf at all will only cost more
too.

--
								Greg A. Woods