[rescue] O2's

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jun 14 14:51:39 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:34:14PM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> So I have been trying to figure this out, but I haven't had any luck.
>
> Do you have to replace the motherboard on an O2 if you want to go from
> an R5k to an R12k?

Well, I don't know about r5k to r12k, but r5k to r10k required a
motherboard swap.

Also, you might want to make sure that you don't need to also a new
power supply or backplane.  I don't think the backplane is likely, but
the PS wouldn't surprise me.

> If so, do both motherboards use the same ram?

I think so.  People advertising O2 ram don't specify the difference.
Crucial has different part numbers based on CPU though...  The price
is the same for R5k versus R12k RAM from them.  SGI might be able to
answer that question for you.

--
Joshua D. Boyd