[rescue] re: Alphaserver 300 or 400?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jun 14 09:50:37 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 02:20:29PM +0000, wlewis at mailbag.com wrote:

> Well, after hearing the recommendations, I stopped in at the surplus shop and
> picked up an Alphaserver 300. For $30 it has:
> 266 mhz 21164 Alpha
21_1_64? Uuuups. Then it is different from my assumption, read _better_.
This was a steal for that price!

> 192 mb ram
Enoungh even this days.

> Ati Mach64 video
I don't know if this is supported by VMS or Tru64. This card is
possibly an NTism. To speak of NTism: ARC or SRM firmware?
(You want SRM, as arc is nothing else than a NT loader.)

> And I even found the manual for it on the hpaq web mess!
Be lucky. I was not able to get anything from gatekeeper the last
days... :-(
--

tsch,
         Jochen