[rescue] Never Mind! (was DVD + Ultra 30 fun)

Rodito M. Buan II rodito at acdlabs.com
Fri Jun 14 09:16:01 CDT 2002

He said it was Toshiba StoreEdge DVD drive.

I been playing around with DVD too on my U30. I got this item from ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2028347304
A Hitachi DVD RAM GF-1050 SCSI Drive, Yes! I know, this is a DVD-RAM but
hey, it's still good for good ol' backup. But be warned, you will need a
scsi cable extender for the DVD drive since the drive have a little fan
mounted at the back. I got it to boot from a Solaris 9 CD and DVD media
with no problems, also got Xine compiled and playing DVD movies :) Does
anyone know any DVD-RAM writer programs for Solaris?

Rodito :-)