[rescue] Octane steal

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jun 10 20:10:49 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 07:49:02PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 08:05:23PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Only $90+k for this Octane.
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1358511903
> > Snicker.  I wish I could get it.
> > >From the looks of that hardware (pictures and hinv) it looks like it's
> > all stock hardware.
> > Now I know how to get rich as a programmer I guess.
>
> And those drives look really dusty/nasty.
>
> Wonder if you get original media and licenses for the software too.

Well if you don't, the guy is smoking crack wanting $90k.

But, I rather suspect it is either legit and an amazingly elaborate
scam because he is also trying to sell a complete MC100 system
(including everything including the furniture, like mixers, DAT, BetaSP
deck, etc) with pictures.  In addition he is selling (but without
pictures) a 9000 Meridian system, a Film Composer, numerous expensive
cameras and VCRs, a second smoke system (pictures provided), a Quantel
Domino (no pictures again), Sierra Design DDR, large audio mixing
console (pictures provided), SDI switcher, Sony MPEG encoder, etc.  In
short, if it were a scam, law enforcement would have a lot of interest
in his going ons pretty quickly due to the amount of money that would
be lost.

Further searching shows that a company by the same name with the same
address made and sells a video called "A Drug Called Porn", which is
about the harmfull effects of porn.  They are referenced numerous
places around the net as well but both that video and used equipment
sales.

--
Joshua D. Boyd