[rescue] BRL-CAD, anyone?

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Fri Jun 7 16:53:38 CDT 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Well, I have to fill out paper work in all three cases.  For the USGS
> I have to pay a lot of money.  For the NIH, I can download it, but if
> I want in on some other medium, I have to pay a lot of money.  For the
> NIH I have to fill out long justification forms and agree to let them
> use my work in promoting themselves.  And they don't want to give it

Ah, the other models.  For better or worse these are special cases and had
(from what I can remember) somewhat unconventional funding.

I just used the software.

> Isn't SDRC IDEAS really expensive?

It can be.  If you are at a school you can get exceptional deals for
educational use (on the order of 1-5% of retail).  Plus it actually has
nice OpenGL support.

-James