[rescue] Sigh

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jun 7 13:20:12 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:33:26PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:24:34AM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:
> > Never saw the point of engagement rings myself, but then again my wife
> > asked me to marry her, not the other way around.  After jabbering
> > incoherently for a few minutes she said she'd ask again in a month.
> > Don't be surprised if she feels "put on the spot".  It's a tough spot to
> > be in!
>
> I "offically" asked Amy to marry me about an hour before the ceremony. 8-)
>
> We've been living together since '98, so it was like "eh, I've got some
> vacation time coming up.. lets get married"
>
> The only difference between then and now is two rings and some legal paper.

But you two lived together a while, as you said.  We aren't living
together, so it would obviously be a bigger change.

I'm still working on the putting on the spot thing.  I know a friend
of my mentioned to one of her brothers what I was thinking, but I
don't see any evidence that the brother passed it on.  I figure she
definately needs some time to re-adjust to being back, like maybe a
month.  I don't want to just say "I'm going to ask you to marry me
soon", but I don't think I want her to be totally surprised either.
Some people say total surpise is good, but I'm not sure I agree.

--
Joshua D. Boyd