[rescue] Sigh

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 7 10:10:53 CDT 2002

> Weddings are a bit like wedding rings.  You can spend as much
> as you want (and many people will encourage you to) but what
> you get out of it has nothing to do with money.  Spending
> thousands of dollars doesn't "prove" anything.  Spending years
> and years does.
>
> No matter what you do, it will be a blur when you are in it.
James has said many wise things on this list, but this is
right up there.  My wife and I spent so much time planning, and
(for example) we both really wanted a nice dessert table.  Neither
of us ever got a chance to touch the desserts...because we
were seeing all our friends and family and having a great
time.  Would have been great to have some dessert...but I don't
regret missing it.

Spend enough money to have a good time, and invite a few of
those people who might not be able to come (but who you'd really
like to see).  Let someone else have the "ohmighod this must be
expensive" wedding.

> Best of luck to you and yours.
Definitely.  Good luck to Joshua...and here's hoping that
someone spell-checks the invitations...       =8-)

  --Rip