[rescue] Older Irix Help

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Thu Jun 6 11:57:52 CDT 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Big Endian wrote:

> What are you running all this on?
>
> daniel

OK (more info needed :-)
I have an SGI Indy, r4600 133mhz, 160 megs of ram and a 1gig hdd (hence
the Irix 5.3)..  If I can ever get a bigger working hdd and manage to
format it for irix I'll put 6.5 on it which should aleviate most of my
software problems.
Ideally what I would like to be able to do (for a start) is to play mp3
files through this thing, and use the video goodies to record my daughters
home movies from vhs to mpeg to be put on cd.
Initially I just wanted to be able to use it as a general workstation whic
was a hassle since I couldn't find a gui browser or any of my usual gnu
tools that would run on 5.3, but I eventually found some (some), so now I
am on to bigger *projects8 with it.
Great machines BTW!

--
-Linc Fessenden