[rescue] Mozilla 1

Stephen Worotynec sgw at vex.net
Thu Jun 6 08:10:57 CDT 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Carl-Johan Schenstrom wrote:

> The only SPARC-version in the 1.0 directory is for BSDI 4.2. I remember
> some talk about that OS on this list. Does anyone actually use it for
> stuff like web browsing? (Kinda stupid question I guess..)
>
> This made me curious. How do one acquire BSDI for SPARC, and what hardware
> does it support?

One acquires BSD/OS 4.2 for Sparc from Windriver, who purchased BSDi.

A list of supported hardware is here:

https://www.BSDI.COM/products/internet/release-notes/ig42.html#HARDWARE-SUPPORTED-HARDWARE-SPARC

I once wrote to them, and recall the price was off in the stratosphere.
BSDi once had a more reasonable desktop OS license fee, but Windriver
seems to have gotten rid of that offer.

Steve Worotynec