[rescue] Onyx Rack

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jun 5 17:32:57 CDT 2002

> > Oh, wait, that Canadian $ right?  So, in US $ that works out to... 43
> > cents?
> >
> Actually, if that's $230 Canadian...  figure $0.60 to the US Dollar... that's
> $138US...  Hey, that would be like paying $50 for the Indigo, $45 for the SGI
> Monitor $5 for the Transceiver and $38 for the Keyboard and Mouse.

Oh, I know that - I was making a (apparently poor) joke...

> That's not so bad... (assuming it's an R4K or R4400)  I paid $150 for my
> Indigo just a couple of years ago...

Dang!  I paid $90 for three R3k indigos 2 years ago, then got 3 more for
free after that.  I suppose those look pretty close to retail prices
though - but it still seems like a high price.  Don't get me wrong, I
like Indigos a lot, but it seems like a lot of money for the machine
you're getting.  However, I do suppose that someone will pay it...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com