[rescue] Itanium 2

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jun 5 16:09:59 CDT 2002

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Can you even get an Itanium workstation?  Not that I follow peecee
> stuff, but I haven't exactly been subject to tons of tanium
> advertisements...

SGI used to make the SGI 750, which was a UP/DP Itanium box.  They would
sell it to you fully loaded with dual 733MHz chips and 2GB of memory for
only $19k.  But they EOLed it with the rest of the Intel group.  It was a
half-hearted sort of workstation, using only ATI graphics and SGI's
distribution of Linux--which you were expected to fork over $495 for.

--Jonathan