[rescue] Mac Backups

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed Jun 5 08:10:43 CDT 2002

Darn, I've been doing it wrong for years, must just be darn lucky :-)  But really, if your primary goal is easy restore, take a look at assimilator, absolutely great product, and fairly powerful if you need to maintain groups of slightly different machines.

I once helped maintain a lab of 24 G4s whose only purpose was to run VirtualPC/Win98/Office97.  We actually had assimilator set up to restore just the VPC drive image on shutdown (and actually had unique IPs on the windows machines, without a big separate drive image) and we also had a boot CD set up to automatically yank down a complete image so we never had to get calls for software support, and we didn't have to protect windows from the students.

Tim

Proximity to wonder has blunted our perception and appreciation of it.
    --Tim Hartnell in
_Exploring_Artificial_Intelligence_on_Your_Commodore_64_