[rescue] The joys of 4.1.2

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at bfr.co.il
Wed Jun 5 04:40:06 CDT 2002

Andrew Michael Eberbach wrote:
> I recently upgraded my computing experience from a 1.1 GHz 512 meg o ram
> laptop to an amazing Sparc IPC with 24 Meg o ram. This sucker kicks ass.
> But more to the point, it's running SunOS4.1.2 and for some strange reason
> I'd like to leech the computing power from my school and just export
> DISPLAY my way into running netscape 4.76  (instead of 3.0). Now, am I
> being foolish in thinking that new X11 apps could run under OpenWi 2 (or
> 3)?

I mentioned in a previous post a real small SunOs based X server for
netbooting that might be appropriate. After I finished writing the note,
I looked on google and found:

	http://www.shenton.org/~chris/sysadm/xterminals/

Which points to the software, and a good set of instructions. Allthough
you probably would need to unpack it, and run X. (maybe move some libs).

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.