[rescue] CD/DVD Burners

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Jun 2 13:12:07 CDT 2002

Folks-

What with Sun now shipping things on DVD, and DVD stuff generally becoming
more reasonable in price, I'm beginning to think of some sort of DVD
reader/burner as the next logical addition to my Sun stuff.

Cheap media cost and writing 5 gigs at a whack makes DVD look pretty good as
a backup medium; having something larger than my 2 gig DDS tape would make
backups a lot easier to do.

I'm having a bit of trouble Googling up a "do it this way" document, though,
so I'm looking for ideas.  Is anyone running a DVD burner under Sparc
Solaris?  What are the key things neccessary?

Thanks for any clues.

-Shel
--
Sheldon T. Hall