[rescue] Fun With Statistics

Ken Caruso ken at ipl31.net
Sat Jun 1 12:44:55 CDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 09:47, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > Presumably, but processors just don't fail all that often.
>
> you'd be surprised.  think ultrasparc.  ;)

Yeah I out of all the processors in our computer room (x86 outnumbers
Usparcs pretty heavily), I don not recall a x86 cpu failure in the time
that I have worked here (almost 4 years) however off the top of my head
I can think of at least 4 or 5 UltraSparc processors that died maybe
more after reviewing the outage logs. That said, I still prefer Sun
hardware.

I was kind of shocked when an new e450 had a proc fail within a month of
delivery.

Ken