[rescue] O3k with a bit of evil

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Sat Jun 1 11:22:42 CDT 2002

>An SGI engineer (well, he says he is an engineer, and he is posting
>from an SGI account as best as I can tell) was commenting on the
>Origin 3000 on usenet.  It seems that the CD-Rom drive is an IDE drive
>connected to a firewire converter (they were expecting firewire native
>devices to be common), and the OS pretends that the whole chain is SCSI.

Thats how most firewire drives are done right now.  All of my
external Firewire stuff is IDE on the drive, bridged to firewire.
Pretending the FW bus is a SCSI bus isn't too unreasonable, but it
might limit the ability to do DV stuff.

daniel
"Yay aytch lich ... trurtreen oven prerkrershetch... naw lich luleven
... naw wush thrurteen..."
--"Thirteen fucking percosets?!?! Dude the most I ever ate was like
six. Holy shit."
"Aywhirr schmall."
--"What, like 5's?"
"Mm mm mm... mebee..."