[rescue] worth it for the disks?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Jul 31 19:01:25 CDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 14:51, Tim H. wrote:
> when I read 600 ppm scanner My initial thought was huh? no way!
>
> now my thought is why would someone that needed that kind of equipment
> be getting rid of it.

Quite simple (a client of my company is currently doing a smaller scale
version of the below situation)

$LargeCorporation has been in buisness for many years, and has a LARGE
amount of paperwork filed away.  Said Corporation is interested in
archiving this data by scanning the documents so that they can pitch
large amounts of paper, and have older documents easily accessible
anywhere.  After determing that it would take 25 years for someone to do
this with normal scanners, a new solution is needed.  Once all of the
old paperwork is scanned, they have a huge bonfire, burning all the
paperwork, and put the scanner on ebay.

	-Dan Sikorski