[rescue] Question: VME SBC on EBay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 31 11:37:09 CDT 2002

On July 31, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Other than  the move to 6U, how has it changed?  What's the bus
> bandwidth on a modern system?  And where is VME used these days other
> than SBCs and embeded systems?

  Well I wouldn't call it a "move" to 6U...3U, 6U, and 9U have been in
the spec for ages.  6U is just the most popular, and as far as I've
seen, it always has been.

  Anyway it's been 64 bits wide for a few years, for one thing.  Our own
Mike Thompson does a lot with VME and can tell us lots of cool stuff
about it.  Mike, you still around?

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "This isn't loose...I play hard to get!"
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Sridhar