[rescue] aix book?

Katherine Strojny kstrojny at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 31 11:02:07 CDT 2002

Larry Snyder wrote:
> Friend of friend has 3 months to learn aix.  Other than total
> immersion, what books can anyone suggest?

Do they have a *nix background?  Try IBM redbooks:
http://ibm.com/redbooks

They have a number of AIX redbooks including certification study guides for
AIX admin.  I've downloaded one for pSeries AIX admin, seems okay so far.
It explains IBM lingo like APARs and PTFs but assumes the reader know what
it means to IPL.  I'd guess there are redbooks that cover AIX fundamentals,
if that's what's needed.  Anyway, the price is right.

And then there are the AIX manuals:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/library/
But that's probably more like total immersion.

-k