[rescue] Re: Axil Ultima 2 rescue?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Jul 30 19:39:11 CDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Harold K Berninghausen wrote:

> Has anybody "rescued" an Axil Ultima 2? A U2 clone, but way different
> motherboard. it works just fine with 2 200mhz cpus, but when I put 2
> 300mhz cpus in it, it just sits there. Can't seem to find any info on
> this beast-- lots of jumpers, tried J2301, but nothing... While I am
> asking, this beast doesn't like to shut itself off, is this a clone
> problem? thanks,

Dunno about the power, but take a look at
http://computer.tatung.com.tw/server/sparc/TInformation/Notice/980630.html
or http://www.indyramp.com/tatung/980630.html to see if the jumpers are
the same.

I ran into this issue with my Tatung U2s and took a while to find the
right settings. I also found that certain combinations of mismatched CPUs
will cause one to click. I think I had a lower rev 168 in the primary cpu
slot *and* the wrong jumper setting.

--Rob