[rescue] Fwd: Re: [Nifty] This doesn't happen very often in Amsterdam

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 29 23:41:42 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 06:57:44PM -0400, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, George Adkins wrote:
>
> > Dave McGuire wrote:
> > >
> > >   I hack VMS on occasion, though not much lately.  Every now & then I
> > > use it to "purify my soul".
> >
> > That must be Powerful Stuff (tm) indeed.
> >
> > (Seriously) Where would be the best place to get VMS for Alpha?
> > I have an AS600 I'd like to give it a try on.
> >
> > and how painfull is it getting it to speak TCP/IP?
>
> Ditto!  I have a 3000/300 I would love to get VMS onto..

The place to get VMS for the Alpha is to get the hobbyist license.
This will set you back just about $100 supposedly.  Basically, you
really just need to become a DECUS member (Crikey, it is now a member
of Encompass, the HP User Group that you have to go to.  HP should rot
in finacial ruin for these stunts), then order a media kit.
This has been asked and answered so many times on the assorted lists
that it should be easy to find in searching them.  Not to mention the
"I'm feeling lucky" choice on Google also provides usefull
information.

But to be nice, visit here: http://www.encompassus.org/membership/ and
go on from there.

--