[rescue] Wow, 30k Graphics Card From Sun

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at bfr.co.il
Sun Jul 28 02:23:13 CDT 2002

Brent B. Powers wrote:
> As an addendum, Leading Edge may have actually been Hyundai or Daewoo
> or one of the other Korean mega-corp's.

Leading Edge was a U.S. company. It was founded by an American of Korean
descent (there, I've been P.C. enough for a whole week). Using his
knowledge of Korean business practices and the language, he was able to
market in the U.S. a Daewoo manufactured XT clone, sold as the "Leading
Edge Model D", which for it's time was a good bundle of hardware and
propritary software.

This was before Word Perfect "owned" the word processing market and M/S
word did not exist for the PC. I.e. the world of "DOS".

I think what killed the company was their moving away from the Intel/Windows
product line to a MAC OS/Power PC product. Good idea until Steve Jobs pulled
the rug out from under them.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.