[rescue] FS/FT: VT1200 w/VRE01 display

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jul 26 22:09:48 CDT 2002

Hey everybody:

I've got a DEC VT1200 X terminal (also can be a 2-port serial terminal
at the same time; just open multiple windows) with DEC VRE01 19" monochrome
flat panel orange plasma display for sale or trade.

Has X11R4 and TCP/IP (and LAT, etc) built into ROM; just plug this into a
10baseT network (unit is 10base2, but I'll include a 10baseT hub with a
10b2 port on the back and the appropriate cabling to connect to 10bT),
assign an IP address, and go.  Also have a MMJ (DEC serial connection)
to RJ45 adapter cable.

Has DEC LK401 keyboard and round "hockeypuck" mouse.

FS for $125 plus shipping (due to the rarity/coolness factor of the VRE01
display, which sold for $9K in '91), or will trade for a 7200RPM 60G (or
larger) IDE hard drive.  Will consider other trades as well; just email me.

Pictures:

http://gallery.mrbill.net/view_album.php?set_albumName=vre01

(note: thats flash glare on the screen; there's nothing wrong with it.  The
 darker orange color is closer to actual, not the bright yellow - I changed
 lightbulbs in the computer room and the pictures came out completely
 different..)

Bill

--
bill bradford       /       mrbill at mrbill.net       /       austin, texas