[rescue] Exabyte 8500 questions (- media)

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Fri Jul 26 11:09:34 CDT 2002

>The other question I have is, can anyone
>point me toward a source of reasonably priced
>112 meter x 8mm media for this thing?

Having eaten a thousand dollars of "new, sealed" 4mm DAT tapes I had
bought, not knowing that had been _so_ cooked in a not Texas warehouse that
the oxides sloughed off in the drive, requiring my brother-in-law to send
his drive in to the factory for a factory cleaning.. I now only buy nice,
fresh,  air-conditioned media.

Note: fine print of media waranty specifies "properly handled"   ie not
cooked :-(