[rescue] WTD: U1E

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at .zill.net
Wed Jul 24 00:06:58 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 12:41:37AM -0400, George Adkins wrote:
> > FWIW, the performance engineers I know in menlo park consider it to be one
> > of the 2 best sun desktops ever (the other being the u2)
> >
> I can certainly agree with this...  I use an U2 for my desktop workstation,
> and it's absolutely the best.  BTW, anybody got a pair of 300mhz/2meg procs
> available cheap? (I want to upgrade from 2x200)

In this vein, perhaps it is appropriate to point out that Sun recently
hired back, via the acquisition of Afara Websystems, some of the same
chip designers responsible for the UltraSparc I design.

Perhaps more great stuff is yet to come?

And what does a U2 with 2x200 go for these days?

./patrick